How to make Hemp Mylk
MAKING HEMP MYLK
unsweetened hemp mylk (TASTES VERY NUTTY!)
• 1 cup raw hulled hemp seeds
• 3 cups (filtered) water
• Pinch of sea salt
sweetened mylk (unsweetened mylk, plus below):
• 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract (read the ingredients because some brands load it up with sugar)
• 3 to 6 pitted dates or 2 to 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (make sure there aren't any pesky additives in there!)
chocolate mylk (sweetened mylk, plus below):
• 2 tablespoons cacao Powder
strawberry mylk (sweetened mylk, plus below):
• 2 cups fresh strawberries, plus more to taste
1. Throw the hemp seeds, water, and salt in your blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until the seeds are completely pulverized. Use whole to maximize nutrition. Or strain for a smoother, more commercial-style mylk for use in recipes.
2. To strain, place a nut mylk bag over the opening of a glass bowl, jar or jug. Pour the mylk into the bag, twisting the bag closed, and gently squeezing it to pass the liquid through. You can also use a fine strainer (I do!)
3. Rinse your blender container, and pour the strained mylk back in. Add the vanilla, sweetener, and any flavourings, and blast again, until smooth and creamy.
4. Store the mylk in a sealed container in the fridge. Hemp mylk will keep for about 3 days in the fridge.